Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sunflower Collar Necklace

I've always loved sunflowers. We used to grow many kinds in our garden and their sunny faces never fail to make me smile. I thought it would be fun to create a sunflower collar-type necklace that would make the wearer's face into the sunflower's "face".
The petals were made from PREMO poly clay using a mold for the veining I made from real flower petals. The cured petals were antiqued with acrylic paint to accent the veins and were attached to a base of hand-sewn macramé cord. The seeds were made from a PC cane. The ladybugs are made from PC and acrylic paint. 

You might also enjoy viewing my  

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh I like so much this!!!! I love sunflower
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, it cries out - summer!
    I am sure it will bring joy to both the wearer and everyone who sees it.

    I updated my blog with the pictures of the Zuleykha cane by the way if you wanted to see how it turned out.

    http://surfingcatclay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comments on Bonnie's Blog about my work. Seems to me I am the lucky one. I don't make freinds easy but when I met Bonnie I knew she would be my friend for a very long time. I love your work it is exquisite.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete